OCC Golf Lessons
OCC Golf Lessons with Pro Jason Tan
Since opening his own academy, Jason has enhanced his reputation in the industry and his academy has quickly become one of the Asia’s finest. Granted certification as a Teaching Professional in 1999 which marked the beginning of his many recognized appointments in the golf teaching industry. Jason Tan went on the further his professionalism and attained certification as a Master Teaching Professional in 2001 (AMGTF) and in 2002 (EGTF). Having worked his way in 2002 from a AMGTF Staff Instructor and Examiner to AMGTF President for the Singapore Division. He later moved on as an International President of the AMGTF. He is also the EGTF representative for Asia since 2006.
- USGTF Certified Teaching Professional since 1999
- Singapore Sport Council NCAP Level 1 since 2008
- USGTF Certified Master Teaching Professional since 2000
- AMGTF Certified Master Teaching Professional since 2001
- EGTF Certified Master Teaching Professional since 2002
- Hank Haney Associate Instructor Level 1 since 2011
- Singapore Sport Council NCAP Level 2 since 2011
- Golf Referees Association of Singapore member since 2012
- Singapore Sport Council NCAP Level 3 since 2012
- Singapore PGA Professional ‘A’ since 2014
1999 – Current : JT Golf Academy as Director of Golf
Jason also won the Teachers’ World Cup held in Hua Hin Thailand which organised by the AMGTF and EGTF in Year 2003. He has achieved a total of 5 Hole-In-One in his golf career.
Sign Up Now!
9 Step Lesson Plan
Lesson 1 – Introduction to Golf
• Explanation of syllabus, safety & equipment
• Warm up & Stretching to prevent injury
• Grip, Posture, Alignment followed by a short swing
Lesson 2 – Golf Swing Fundamentals
• 1/2 swing – 3/4 swing
• Weight transfer
• Creating a balanced finish
Lesson 3 – Full Swing / Video Analysis
• 3/4 swing – Full swing
• Fault detection & correction
• Video Analysis to capture and explain flaws
Lesson 4 – Video Swing Analysis Practice
• Practice to fix flaws that were discovered in the video analysis
Lesson 5 – Theory and Pitching
• Pitching Technique
• Rules, safety and Etiquette for golf course
• Proficiency Certification (PC) Theory Test
Lesson 6 – Introduction to Fairway Wood/Hybrid
• Swing practice
• Fundamental on fairway wood/hybrid
Lesson 7 – Chipping, Putting and Bunker
• Technique on Chipping, Putting and Bunker
Lesson 8 – On Course Orientation (2 hours)
• Course Orientation
• On golf course play
Lesson 9 – Re-cap from golf game
• Fixing flaws that were discovered on course
• Questions & Answers about golf game
• Planning your next step in golf
Private & Group Lesson Rates
|Group Lesson Rates|
|Private Lesson Rates|
Beginner Golf Lessons Package include:
* Club Rental during actual lessons and practices
* Advanced Training Aids
* Video Analysis & Classroom Training
* Proficiency Certification (Worth $120)
The Fine Print
1. Each session is estimated to be one hour.
2. Practice golf clubs will be provided during lessons.
3. Course contents & fees are subject to change without prior notice.
4. All fees exclude range balls & green fees (subject to golf course).
5. Rules of Golf booklet & handout will be issued.
6. Proper Golf attire required. Notes: Upon completion of lessons, student will receive Proficiency Certificate.
** Call us to make an appointment prior to your visit will ensure that you will be served in a timely manner.
Orchid Country Club
1 Orchid Club Rd, Singapore 769162
Batam Golf Course
Jl.Hang Lekiu – Nongsa 29465 Indonesia
Mandai Executive Golf Course
Upper Seletar Reservoir Mandai Road Track 7 Singapore 779384